Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Starting the adventure

I've had a weight problem my whole life. If I remember correctly my family started telling me I was fat since I was 2. Looking back @ the pictures I now realize that I wasn’t “FAT” I was just taller and there for I looked bigger. So I believed that I was fat for most of my childhood and by my teens I was really fat. By age 14 and 5’3 I already weighted 220lb and by age 19 and 5’4 I got to 250. I decided that I had to lose weight so I started eating “healthy” and going to the gym 1 hr every day (even Sundays). The first month I lost 10 lb. I was soooooo happy, so my diet became more strict every time. By the 2nd month I was 25 lb lighter. I started to go to the gym 2-4 hrs every day, and I started eating 1 “big meal” a day and I wouldn’t eat anything else after 4:00 pm, and 6 month after the 1st day I started my diet, I had lost 125 lb. I was wearing a size 10-12 in the top and a 14 in the bottom. I was so so so so happy!!!. But like it usually happens with extreme dieting, when the enchantment is gone and the diet becomes boring, and 4 hrs a day in the gym are not fun anymore, old habits come back, and a year and 5 month after I was in the weight I started plus 35 lb more. So by 23 years old I weighted 285 lb, no self-steam and having no will to do anything. Thankfully I didn’t gain anymore weight and now @ 26 years old I decided to do it again. Trying a healthier option and exercising more.







January 18, 2009 I joined thedailyplate.com / the Jackson’s 100 lb challenge I really get a lot of support there and is very comforting to know that there are other people out there with the same problem and have the will to fix it. Now I’m weighting 224lb, eating less than 1500 cal a day and exercising at least 1 hr a day 5 days a week I want to create my own challenge and lose 100 lb this year. So starting:


Today Sep. 1,2009


Wt. 224lb


Ht. 64” (5’4”)


Measures: 42.5”, 39.5, 52.5


and ending Sep 1, 2010 I have To go from 224lb – 124lb. ( of course I’ll be happy to weight just 140lb)






Count down


365 days


Days left


364.






Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment